Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weight up?

My weight has gone up a bit everyday since making my goal on Wednesday. I think it's time to really kick this into gear again. I've been over my calorie limits for the last three days in row (shame on me). I'm going to jump back to liquids only for at least a few days (and no more then 400 calories), maybe longer then a few days – self-imposed penalty. When I reached the 300-pound mark one of my friends said I really needed to keep pushing forward and keep my focus up. He knew I was at a point at which I could easily fail (having done so at that point about 5 years ago). I'm approaching dropping into the 250's, I should be there by next Wednesday. I can't allow myself to come up short of that goal. 

I have not been in the 250's in about 13-14 years. Everyone has been saying that the rate of weight loss I've been achieving will slow eventually, maybe so, but not this week. In fact I will not accept a slowing in the rate for the next 7 weeks. That'll put me back into the 220's. I'm not throwing in the towel after that either, I hope that the rate of weight loss remains the same till I'm down to 167.8. With everyone telling me my expectations are way too high (some being experts) I'm preparing myself mentally for the inevitable slow down, but at the same time I feel like this is sort of new territory. 

Maybe it'll be a miracle if the rate of loss remains the same throughout, but I weighed close to 370 pounds in March of this year, I was running a 17 minute mile and needed a step to be able to reach my feet to tie my shoes. I'm now in the 260's, running an 11 minute mile and able to bend over to tie my shoes. Minor miracles maybe, but the confidence in what I'm doing keeps growing. 

I weighed 265.8 today. 

No comments: