Sunday, July 6, 2008

It'll be tough this week

For the first time last week I missed my weekly goal of losing 5 pounds. I was 1/2 a pound short.

It's been a challenge here lately to keep that pace up. I don't think it's the diet as much as it has been me. I don’t have the balance of exercise and calories perfected. When I first started I was losing too much. While that may seem like a good thing I didn’t want to create any unnecessary health risks. I was burning about 430 calories on the treadmill, but was only taking in 500-600 calories. So I have been adding 100-200 calories, but my weight drop has not been steady. If you're were to chart it, it would appear to be more of a staircase then a curve. 

I have sudden drops from about Monday/Tuesday thru Wednesday/Thursday.  Then it goes up and then sudden drops again. This is partially due to adding calories after the sudden drops, gaining some weight back (or losing very little), then cutting back again. I wish I could just find the magic combination of calorie burn and calorie intake to produce very steady consistent loss. Right now the exercise is consistent and the calorie intake is the variable and right now I'll need another sudden drop to make the next weigh in goal. We'll see what happens on Wednesday. 

Today I weighed 299.8.  

No comments: