Tuesday, July 8, 2008

About halfway to tomorrows goal

I weighed in at 293.6. That's not too bad. It is in fact a new low for me. I have not been at this weight in years. I'm still 4.1 pounds high for tomorrows goal. I lost 3.4 since yesterday so it's not out of reach. I missed last weeks goal by 1/2 a pound. I was hoping to make up that half pound, we'll see tomorrow. It may seem like I'm obsessing about the goals and the pounds and truthfully I am. As has been the case for most of this effort I'm experiencing a sudden drop just before the weigh-in. 

People say don't focus on the pounds lost - look towards other aspects, take baby steps, don't eat after 8 PM, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. I really appreciate where they are coming from but I don't agree. Little goals achieve little results and pounds down equals a lower BMI and a lower BMI means less risk for diabetes, heart conditions, etc. 

I know they don't want to have people discouraged because they are not losing the pounds but if you don't put forth a strong effort to lose the pounds - you just won't lose the pounds! 

Today I weighed 293.6

 

No comments: