Thursday, July 17, 2008

Broken routine

It was a rough morning - my alarm went off at 5:11 AM instead of 5:00 AM and then, when I walked out the door, I left my bag with my work clothes on the table. I was ten minutes on the way to work before I realized what I had done - turned around and headed back. The whole thing had me completely out of my typical routine of the last couple months. I had not even realized what a routine I had fallen into until this morning. I decided that despite running a half an hour behind I'd go ahead and do my morning run anyway. I barely got to work on time.

My old routine didn't have me getting up so early, nor did it involve exercise. I'd get up at 6:00am, get ready for work and stop at Burger King, McDonalds, Hardees or Taco Bell for a breakfast sandwich (two if on sale, I always knew who had the deal going). Plus whatever potato side dish was offered and coffee. That's a five day-a-week routine that goes back almost 15 years.  I didn't really set-out to break this routine, I just had to get up at 5:00 to have enough time to do the exercise, the restaurants are not even open when I go by. 

I weighed 284.8 pounds today.



No comments: