Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Down 150+!

Well I made it tonight – past what I guess is the 2nd big threshold. I weighed 217.2. I’m now down 150.3 pounds. I blogged a few days ago that I thought I needed to mark the occasion by throwing a party. I’ve given that idea some thought and I realized that really wasn’t me. First I don’t drink and 2nd I’m barely eating. Some how a party isn’t right. Also I realized that the kind of party I wanted was like the one they threw Rob when he was going away to Japan in the movie Cloverfield. Here’s a clip from the party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhASj1q30U

This presents a number of problems. First I’m not as cool as Rob, 2nd I don’t have enough really cool friends like Rob and third I don’t have a really cool place to hold the party – like Rob did. So the party is off.

My second thought was to do a polar plunge this Saturday. Basically some folks in my small town are going to be cutting a whole in the ice and we get to jump in with nothing but our swim suits on. I heard that the temperature for Saturday was going to be -2 F (-18.88° C), but that’s now been revised to -10 F (-23.33° C). That’s without a wind chill factor. I’m having second thoughts though. I have not talked to a doctor yet but someone told me that since my hernia has not been repaired yet I might be taking a big risk. The jump in (and the first step out) is a pretty big shock, I’m still thinking about this but swaying away a little now. Also I’m very concerned about my equipment not working or getting damaged in that extreme cold.

One final idea is create a piece of art to commemorate this occasion. When the local newspaper did an article on what I was doing (weight loss and film) it was published in both print and on their website. On the site was an option to leave comments. I had already lost 100 pounds at that time and yet someone left a rather negative comment saying I was going to fail. I kept a copy by my desk for sometime. Perhaps I’ll do a painting of that negative comment.

Anyway – I’m open to suggestions!

I weighed 217.2 today – down150.3!

No comments: