Friday, August 8, 2008

Weight stayed the same - I'm a little disappointed

The pattern of my weight going up slightly then dropping dramatically seems to have changed. It makes me worried that I have reached some sort of plateau. Just a couple of weeks ago, in the weight loss group I attend, one of the instructors said that everyone reaches a plateau or has setbacks eventually. We've talked about various options for dealing with this, the one that makes the most sense to me will be to increase the exercise. I'm prepared to do that. 

I haven't shared too much in the group about my success thus far. It's been 5 pounds a week every week. That's pretty good but I didn't want to be saying the exact same thing every week. If  I reach the 100 pounds down mark by next Monday (the night of the meeting) I'll share that. If I can get down 200 I'll share that too. So I'll only need to talk twice, that's good. I'm not much for public speaking and while this doesn't quite equate to that, I'm still not totally comfortable with the whole opening up in public deal.  The Rochester Post Bulletin will be coming out with an article on the 11th (Monday) and I don't want people in the group thinking I'm hiding something from them. 

I can really relate to everyone in those meetings, it's not easy being over weight. Some of them are nurses, I have no idea how they can do a job like that while being over weight. Most do 10 hour + shifts while on their feet most of the day. They are very strong women. Not just physically either, it takes a great deal of character to serve in the capacity of providing health care when you yourself are not an example of health. 

I weighed 269.2 today.

No comments: