Sunday, August 31, 2008

Interesting 40lbs

Just one quick note this morning - when I met with my new doctor last week I asked him about excess skin by the time I'm down to my goal weight, it was towards the end of our mtg. He quickly replied there will be about 40lbs. but don't worry we’ll get you with a surgeon and they'll take care of it. 

I was walking out at the time and what he had said didn't really hit me until after I had left. 40lbs.? That seems like a lot, could he have said 4 and I just didn't hear him right? A friend of mine had GBS a few years ago so I asked him if it could have been 40 and my friend said 40 would be right. Since I have 89 pounds to go to be down 200 does that mean I only have 49lbs to lose? That could be done in as little as 10 weeks. Interesting. 

He also doesn't want me to start boxing again when I break the 250 mark - he wants me to weigh until I'm down to 225 or less. He's concerned about injury that might derail what I'm doing, I can appreciate that. 

I weighed 257.8 today

2 comments:

Ty Hatch said...

Dan,

Great job! Sad I'm missing the transition in person, but congrats and keep up the great job! Inspirational!

BTW, the Post Bulletin story ran here: http://tinyurl.com/632ya8

Oh yeah, I want a copy of the DVD when it comes out. ;)

Daniel Brevick said...

Good to hear from you Ty - it's going well, - maybe I'll see you at SXSW early next year.