Friday, September 5, 2008

Weight going up

I have been ill today. Started getting a sore throat yesterday. I felt nauseous during the morning run. I read the bottle of Zicam later and it did say to only take on a full stomach (that's not an option for me). Anyway felt a little better during the evening run and weight lifting - just finished that. 

My weight is starting to go up just a bit - I have increased my calorie intake by adding 300-400 calories of protein (lean meat) a day. My doctor said this will cause a slight increase in my weight but that it will also cause a increase in the muscle mass. That will, in turn, increase the standing calorie burn - long run, I will see a faster increase of weight loss do to the increased muscle gain. He also said I'd have to trust him on this. I am. We'll see how it goes.

I weighed 254.6 today.

No comments: