Sunday, July 12, 2009

my last blog for awhile

There is so much to do right now in preparing to leave for Africa that I'm fairly confident I will not get it all done but hopefully all the bigger more important things will be completed. I will pack today - for the most part at least I intend to have all my carry-on stuff packed. This is such a challenge because I need to get all the necessary equipment for shooting an entire full-length documentary into one small carry-on size back pack and a laptop bag. I will also wear a photographers vest on to the plane and it will be packed full as will most of my pockets! (thanks for the loan of the vest Brian - and all the other items!).

I'm also bringing to stowed bags as Dick Blick sent some art supplies for the Kids and I will need to bring that along. I will also try to get out and pick them up some stuff myself. Not sure what yet but something fun - it's a challenge because there are over 70 kids.

So this is the last of my blogs for awhile - a month or more (unless I can get internet there). Actually I'll be so thankful just to get electricity to keep the equipment charged and working. Soon I will start a blog about the new documentary film I'm starting and also much about my experience in Kenya.

I weighed 215.2 toady.

No comments: