Saturday, December 13, 2008

Poetry killed the weight loss blog

I missed blogging at most of the places I blog yesterday because I worked at SEMVA last night. There wasn't much work to do though as no one came in! It's was so cold last night! Even in the gallery. We sit at the front by these big windows and the net result is that it's cold indoors too.

Anyway, last time I worked at SEMVA I wrote two poems. I was in the habit of bringing my art to work on while at SEMVA but it's easier to just write. I wrote two more last night. I've shared some of my poetry at experienceproject.com, and have been encouraged by some to include it in the blog. EP has a place for poetry (and a million other things) so it fits there quite comfortably!!!

I blog on myspace.com / fitday.com / experienceproject.com / down200.blogspot.com / opera.com / down200.com - it's all the same copy - I'm just shamelessly trying to get as much PR for the movie as I can. I guess art is a big part of my life, and it has been a part of my blogging thus far - so I just hope that "how bad" the poetry is doesn't kill the blog! Not ready to call myself a poet yet. I was also going to share a wonderful story about something that happened at SEMVA this summer but I'll save that. So here goes any critique is certainly welcome, I'll spare you all by only sharing one of them:

Sweet you

It's sweet to dwell on you
easy to lose myself
in the thought of your smile

I want your hand
to have
to hold
I want to walk with you
in sun
in rain
To stand with you
against the winds
the tides
and time

It's so sweet to dwell on you
and to lose myself in the thought
of us together


I weighed 228.2 today

No comments: