Saturday, November 1, 2008

Great, great run.

I just had the best run of my recent crazy losing weight and exercising life. For two reasons: First since it's the weekend and I want to do the running in one session (weekdays I run in the morning and evenings) it's been very difficult. I try to run for a full hour straight. Generally I've stopped for a drink of water or I've slowed the pace, tied my shoe - etc. But today for the first time I actually paced the speed so that I could get in 6+ miles in less then an hour - and I made it. That means I ran at a nine minute and something per mile pace - for a full hour, no stopping. My thighs are hurting and I know I will not be able to repeat the feat tomorrow but that's OK.

Secondly, while the chances of the documentary film getting seen are slim and the chances of me getting sponsorship are slim and the chances of me making money off this whole project is slim, even so while running I decided that I do not want to profit form this. I especially don't want my weight loss to define me for the rest of my life (as it has with Jared). So I've decided that any and all monies (should there be any) will go to the setting up and creation of a non profit org dedicated to providing funds to people who have lost a good deal of weight and who now find themselves disfigured due to the excess skin. More to come on that as I figure out all that goes into something like that. Since I've been dropping weight so rapidily, since I have about 40lbs of skin to lose myself (via surgery) and since several people have commented on this very issue to me - it seems like a good idea.

Congrats to Kayla Woltz - I blogged about her a week or so ago. She won the sectional (she's not even in HS yet) and today she came in second place in the state competition!

I weighed 249.4 today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dan! I'm always excited to see you meet new milestones in your fight. Keep it healthy, keep it safe, keep it up!