Saturday, July 12, 2008

down200.com almost ready to launch

I've nearly put the final touches to my website down200.com. Launching a supportive website is one of the necessary rituals when making a film. In this case though, in addition to being needed to support the film, it’s also needed to support the diet itself. 

There’s an incredibly symbiotic relationship between the diet (the attempt to lose weight) and the making of the film. They both feed each other with incredible motivation. The fact that I'm making a documentary, blogging and publishing a website all put enormous pressure on me to stay on the diet. This is “good pressure” in every sense of it. Likewise losing weight (losing it so rapidly) makes the film not only possible it empowers it! 

Of the three, making the film, launching a website and blogging, blogging is free - easy to set-up and in my opinion should be a standard requirement for anyone going on a diet. The pressure from going public with what you are doing is a “great thing”, if you really want to get the weight off. Motivation is such an important factor to achieving your weight loss goals. Blog about what you are doing and let all your family know, let co-workers know, track your progress - BE BRAVE AND CONFIDENT - right from the start and your chances for success will increase dramatically. 

I weighed 289.5 today.

2 comments:

Jennifer Koski said...

Dan -- Mind if I forward this blog to my P-B editors? They might think it's an interesting story idea.... Jen Koski

Daniel Brevick said...

Sure go ahead. I should have the site live in the next couple days.