Tuesday, January 27, 2009

good visit with the surgeon

I had a good visit with my surgeon (for the hernia). He is totally in agreement with doing both the skin removal and hernia repair surgeries at the same time. It will be two teams of surgeons also, he will work with the plastic surgeons. Also he has no problem with waiting until I get the rest of the weight off (assuming the the hernia causes no further problems). Couldn't have gone better.

As to getting the rest of the weight off. I'm on the 2nd day of liquids only and feeling great! I had about 700 calories yesterday and so far just 70 today. I'll have some soup tonight and head into day 3 of the liquids only. After that it'll get easier. I ran 12 miles (19.3 km) yesterday and 12 miles again today. I'm burning over 2200 calories from the runs each day. If I stick with this it'll drop quickly.

I weighed 218.1 today.

No comments: