Friday, October 3, 2008

Sad phone call

Yesterday I received a goodbye call from one of my long time friends/mentors - Craig King, he called to let me know that his doctors were predicting that he had just three days at most. He's been fighting a lung condition that is incurable. Craig has been a great friend and was a great boss (I worked under him 18 years ago) and he has been a valued colleague here at Mayo Clinic as a free-lancer.

He was very upbeat on the phone and said he felt great, mentally and physically. He told me he was hoping for three more weeks. God knows as well as I do that if anyone deserves three more weeks it's Craig. It's hard to lose two mentors in as many months but it's a comfort to know that soon enough Joe and Craig may meet.

I weighed 246.8 pounds today.

1 comment:

Ty Hatch said...

That's sad to hear. I know you and Craig have been good friends over the years. It's great to read about how you're doing though. Keep up the great effort!