Sunday, October 26, 2008

I lasted a little over 45 minutes

I had to quit early again (did last week too). Again these hour runs are tough. Not feeling to guilty though - I'm going to leave here and go cut the grass (push mower routine). It's snowing today - and windy as all heck. I think I'm going to try to cut it any way. I wish I was back to the boxing. My plan was to start again when I got under 250, but my doctor said to wait until I was under 225. Last time I boxed I was over 310 and even so my upper body was looking more muscular and in better shape then I do now in the 240's. The doctor is concerned about injury.

I think I may start up the boxing anyway, just to do the weight lifting and training routine and especially the bag work. I just want to get back into the routine and work on the technique of it. Plus I love the atmosphere of the place and the people there. I tore tendons in my left arm last time, this stopped a good deal of what I was doing so I increased my run from 2 miles to 4 miles and that wrecked my knees in about 2 weeks. One injury led to another. I'm in way better shape now though, I'm already running nearly 6 miles a day and I'll stay out of the ring until I'm down to 225. I think I really need this, it'll replace my second run 3 days a week.

My weight has really been bouncing up and down (water weight fluctuations the last few days).

I weighed 249.6 today.

No comments: