Monday, September 29, 2008

Love songs

I’m going to have to expand my song list to include all the love songs I’ve been so taken with lately. I felt a little funny at first including them on my exercise page (I have a top ten list of the best exercise/running tunes). They are, for the most part, fairly slow paced, but even so I find myself listening to them as I run (more then the up-tempo tunes), it’s only fair since they are inspiring me at the moment and they are on my iPod for that very reason. The list really needs to go beyond ten anyway because I’ll be lucky to get the rights to use any of them. A bigger pool improves my odds + it’s real, I’m listening to them/being inspired by them.

I’ll be going for rights to use them for non-theatrical release, use for film festivals only. I might be able to afford that, i.e. they might be free. If the movie is good enough for anything beyond that then some producer/producers would have to secure the real rights. 

The songs at this point include Picture in a Frame, by Tom Waits, one of the most beautiful love songs ever written. If I Should Fall Behind, Bruce Springsteen, this song really defines “true love”. Come What May, Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman (from one of my favorite movies Moulin Rouge). The opening line says; never knew I could feel like this - like I’ve never seen the sky before” - love it! 

I’m in the planning stages for my next documentary about “true love”. I think this is partially why I’m so into these songs right now. If anyone out there still believes in true love feel free to contact me at danielbrevick@earthlink.net, there are many angles to explore. I hope to start shooting for this next spring. 

I weighed 249.8 today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dan -- i'm just happy that you found motivation to continue! doesn't matter what the motivation trigger is just as long as you have one and can put it to use! keep up the good work and GREAT dedication ---- there is light at the end of the tunnel ---- eventually! and congrats again on all the successes you've accomplished to date! anonymous again

Daniel Brevick said...

thank you!