Sunday, September 28, 2008

Best laid plans

It seems the ultimate in poor judgment to be talking about plans (even small expectations) in the context of a blog. Yesterday I was quite confident about accomplishing what were relatively small goals, I got about halfway through at best. If you are blogging daily (I'm pretty close to that) everything you say is subject to cross-reference from something stated earlier. How many times have I failed? How often have I contradicted myself? Worse still how often have I repeated myself? I’ve barely got the time to write these let alone worry about cross-referencing my posts in one-way or another. 

Having said that and with the experience of failing to accomplish something rather easy from yesterdays blog and given I'm no writer, I find myself encouraging others who are trying to lose weight to considering blogging about. I really believe it helps. Let your friends, relatives, co-workers know that you’re blogging. It does add pressure - especially when you are at a family reunion or company get-together, I'm far more conscience of what I’m eating in those settings because what I’m doing is so exposed. The net result; I make better choices, I don't have setbacks and the weight continues to drop. 

I weighed 249.2 today.

No comments: