Thursday, May 28, 2009

another poem?

Ok it's been a while since I shared any of my poems.

Yesterday I didn't take my own advice and slow down a bit and ended up pulling my leg muscle again - not to the same extent because I knew to stop right away. Good thing is though it happened at the very end of the run. Today I actually did slow it down quite bit and that helped. Just a little pain. Will run at home and box tonight.

I weighed 215.2 today.

Here's the poem:


fierce love

fierce love fierce love
scrub your hands sterile slip on a glove
rib spreaders pierce your side
and let out the love

fierce love fierce love
your pillows made of rock, dream of
something precious, so precious
tugs on pant legs and gentle shoves

offer up, offer up
flesh, who cares? shoot it up!
love’s a drug fierce love’s heroin
and the highest high is from on high

barbed wire barbed wire
tightly bind our hearts together
let our blood flow as one
true love, fierce love, red blood

bleed you, bleed me
embrace the insecurity
each recklessly overcompensating
we'll strive to be worthy one to the other

No comments: