Thursday, April 30, 2009

into the new routine

It's been a challange with the new boxing routine under way but it's starting to work out OK. The boxing part is great, I can already feel big improvements in my upper body, muscle and conditioning. The tougher part of this is the 3 mile run. I have traded the evening's 6.3 mile treadmill run for a real 3 mile on the gravel road run by my home. At the end of the 2nd attempt I had fairly severe pain in both knees (didn't last long). That carried over to the mornings treadmill and by the 4th run I could hardly walk for the pain in my left ankle. I took off two days of the real run (3 mile evening) and that seems to have resolved all "pain" issues...

So I'm now running 9.3 miles a day + the boxing routine.

One of my good friends (and relatives) suggested I might need new shoes. I think she's right. The New Balance pair I have now is less then a year old but already have thousands of miles on them and they are ripping open in the toes and sides. This is pretty normal for me (wide feet) but now that I'm back on the gravel roads I'm being forced to stop several times to pull stones out of my shoes as I'm running (that's not good!) - so a new pair of running shoes seems necessary now!

I weighed 208.8 today.

No comments: